CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Chapter 2 Journal Entry (Simon)

Chapter 2: The Beastie

"There are pigs on this island," announced Ralph
Jack showed a matyred expression but no one noticed.
Everyone sat up straighter and listened more to what he had to say.
"There musn't be any interupting when I speak so whoever is holding the conch is the only one able to say anything," said Ralph " and he won't be interupted by anyone, you see?"
"But," one of the children asked. Ralph held up the conch to make his point and the child became quiet.
"He won't be interupted by anyone except for me!" exclaimed Ralph. "So, we know there are pigs but has anyone found anything while we were gone?"
A young boy with a big maroon colored birthmark was being pushed forward to Ralph.

"Yes, what is it? Speak up," Ralph said as he handed him the conch.
The boy stood silent as Piggy decided to kneel by him to help. The boy whispered in Piggy's ear amnd Piggy spoke.
"He says that he saw a beastie, a snake-like creature in the jungle."
"Beastie?" Ralph repeated
"Yes a beastie. It was ever so big he tells me," Piggy said.
"There's no such thing as this beastie. Only in big countries," Ralph stated.
"He says he saw it," Piggy said, shrugging.

"There is no beast I tell you!" Ralph said angrily.
"When we go hunting we'd be sure to kill it if we saw it," Jack said to the boy.
"There's no beast!" Ralph yelled.
Everyone fell silent
"Now, I would like to be rescued and I have a grand idea!" Ralph said, completely changing the subject. "How about we make ourselves a big fire on the top of the mountain so that the ships will see the smoke coming from the island," Ralph proposed
All the littleuns began capering and cheering at the wonderful idea. I wanted to tell Ralph that it wasn't a good idea because the fire may spread but I was to afraid that he would think I was being errant and silly.

Piggy asked for silence but the ebullience of the children went on as they ran for the mountain.
The fire didn't last long and Ralph was obviously disappointed. The sparks from the fire traveled with the wind into the junlgle and an unexpected fire started, spreading quickly.

Ralph continued to make recriminations that it was Piggy's fault for not helping enough. This was going to far, I didn't want to make a scene so I tried politely to help Piggy.
"He did help," Ralph's head turned swiftly to look at me "Um, he helped by letting you use his specs, yes he helped that way," I said, hoping I had induced Ralph to be nicer.
A moment of silence passed as everyone thought this over.

"Where's the littleun!" Piggy yelled breaking the silence.
"What?" Ralph asked in confusion.
"The littleun with the birthmark on his face, where is he?" Piggy asked hysterically.
"Who?" Everyone seemed to ask with Ralph.
"The one who told us of the beastie!" Puggy was panting now and everyone seemed to have one terrible thought in their head.
I turned my head toward the spreading flames in the jungle and everyone's eyes followed.

0 comments: