CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Chapter 1 Journal Entry (Jack)

Chapter 1: The Man with the Trumpet

The hambone frill on my togs was making my neck very warm since we have been walking for what seems like hours. The other boys all looked as they were about to faint if they took another step and so I did what was best for the group.
“All right we can take a short rest before looking some more,” I announced.
“What are we looking for?” one of the younger boys asked.

“We are looking for a place to set up camp so we can start thinking of how to survive on this island,” I answered, not to just him but the whole group.
“We don’t know this is an island,” Roger muttered.
Gasps came from the younger boys in the choir. How dare he talk back to me?

“What did you just say?” I asked trying to sound frightening.
“I said that we don’t know if this is an island or not, sir,” said Roger.
“Hmm; well I was thinking the same thing. What is your name?”
“Roger,” he said as the suffusion in his face quickly disappeared.
“Well then what do you think we should do, Roger,”
When he didn’t answer the pallor of his face was replaced by a bright pink.

Then suddenly a trumpet sounding noise blared throughout the jungle. The choir stood still in the sand and then realizing what this meant started cheering. This meant that we were being rescued and the grown-ups were looking for us right now.

“Single file, behind me; and calm down all of you, the adults will think we’re loons,”
“Yes, Merridew” they all answered in unison.

We arrived were the trumpet noise came from quickly but there were no adult’s, only children.
“You there, where is the man with the trumpet to get us rescued?” I asked the fat boy asking everyone’s names.
“There’s no man with a trumpet, only me. We’ve organized a meeting, care to join in?” A different boy answered. He was holding a conch shell in his lap and sitting on a rock in the middle of the group of boys. He had blonde hair the color of tow and seemed to be around my age.

“So there are no grown-ups here to rescue us?” I asked, disappointed.
“Except for the pilot who no one has seen, no there are no adults,” The fair haired boy responded.
“Well we may as well join your meeting, you may take off your togs boys,” I said to my choir.

1 comments:

Dervishi said...

I really like your first, second and third paragraphs because you make up what happens and you even include Roger in it. I feel that you left out some events though like the hike, the pig Jack couldn't kill, and the fact Ralph was elected leader. Those were all points where you could zoom in on Jack's emotions during these events because each one strongly involved him.